Tuesday, July 10, 2012

9 years of my life

July 11, 2012

This is it.
The day I have been hoping for ever since 3rd grade
SCHOOL IS OUT.
In about two hours.

I've always imagined that I would be doing cartwheels around the house and jumping around like I'm frickin Tigger by now.
I used to hate this school so much.
I hated the schoolwork, the exams, the constant phobia of screwing up and having to repeat the same year again, the teachers...
I begged my mom again and again to let me switch schools.
Unlike most moms (nowadays at least),
she replied with the simplest, yet most complicated word in the universe of words- no.
So I did what most kids would do. I asked her why.
She told me every time that I would soon understand.

But I didn't understand.

Three years later,
Now,
I finally understand.

(to be continued)




No comments:

Post a Comment